About The Daily Life of Gay Parents
What is daily life like for families with homosexual parents? That is what photographer Annemarie Dekker found herself wondering when her girlfriend was pregnant with their first child. Between 2016 and 2019 she photographed more than fifty families in all kinds of combinations: two mums,two dads, single parents and multi-parent families. The Daily Life of Gay Parents is the result of her quest.
The photos in this book are complemented by five interviews:
- Tijn (39) and Sjors (45) have five-year old twins and a ten-month old baby with two different women.
- Keri (24) has two mothers, two fathers and a sister.
- Bibi (37) and Elke (30) were on the waiting list for a donor. During the long wait, the perfect donor suddenly came into the picture: a good friend.
- Franklin (55) and Daniel (46) adopted two children from the United States.
- Hanna (37) and Astrid (38) have three children by the same donor. Both mothers had pregnancies. Their son Tijmen explains what it is like to grow up in his family.
(Interviews by Govrien Oldenburger) All text in the book is in both Dutch and English.
Dekker hopes that The Daily Life of Gay Parents will contribute to the normalisation of alternative family forms.
The book is hard cover, 128 pages, 30.5 x 21.5 cm landscape format (61 x 21.5 cm opened. All text in the book is in both Dutch and English.
€ 24.95 (NL) / $ 28 (USA) / £ 21 (UK) (ex. shipping costs)
Contact me for more information about distribution to your country.